Women in Construction: The State of the Industry in 2023
- Of all the people working in construction (over 10.0 million), women comprise 10.9%.
- The number of women on the front lines of a job — are ~1 for every 100 employees
- 87% of women working in construction hold office positions
- About 2.5% of tradespeople are women.
- Women also only make up about 14% of staff executives
- Leadership: Industry-wide, women comprised 7.5% of all construction managers
- According to a Microsoft survey, Girls cited a lack of female role models in STEM as a key reasons they did not follow a career in the sector.
- Women make up 7% of line executive positions
- 0% – no public construction company is run by a woman
- Gender-diverse companies are 25% more likely to achieve above-average profitability
- 13% of constructions firms are owned by women.
- As women make up 47% of all employed individuals, this means that the construction industry is only benefitting from about 1.25% of women in the workforce.
- 9% of women-owned firms achieved revenues greater than $500,000
CREATE DISCOVERY DAYS AND INFORMATION FOR FEMALES IN INFRASTRUCTURE
PROVIDE GIRLS INFORMATION AND ACCESS TO THE INFRASTRUCTURE INDUSTRY
CREATE A COMMUNITY OF FUTURE FEMALE LEADERS THAT WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD
CREATE A COMMUNITY OF FEMALE LEADERS THAT WILL WORK TO CREATE EQUALITY IN OPPORTUNITY